Monday, July 15, 2013

Harder than it looks...

Well today we sent in an inquiry about a sibling group of two, a boy and a girl, that caught our attention on the TARE website.  I know I know, exciting times!  Of course that's not to say that these are definitely our children because there is really so much that goes into finding the perfect match but it's definitely a step forward.  The only thing that sort of concerns me is that ever since I sent the pic of the kids to Bobby he's been smiling about it and showing it off to everyone and I feel like it's going to be hard for him not to fall in love with every pic/match we receive.  I mean really we have a lot more matching to do to be getting all pumped about the 1st inquiry.  I'll be honest, I'm not really concerned for myself much because I have always had the ability to be very objective about things and I am very good about considering all aspects before jumping in, but Bobby sort of wears his heart on his sleeve and falls quickly.  Don't get me wrong, the fact that he is naturally sensitive is one of my favorite attributes about him and I wouldn't change that for the world but I would really like for us to get through this matching process as painless as possible. Not sure how that's going to work out at this point though.  I mean it's one thing to say you're not going to get attached right away, but it's another thing to see them and experience the possibilities without getting attached; that is so hard!  I guess what it really boils down to is that humans were created with the amazing ability to fall in love and bond to one another all the while that same amazing ability can be the cause of a lot of heartache and pain.  All we can do at this point is to hope and pray that we hear God's unmistakable voice leading us to the children he created for us so that we will not be scathed and sidetracked by all the wrong ones.

Please say a prayer for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment