Saturday, June 9, 2018

Little Boy's pain

Little Boy just woke up crying his eyes out. I got him out of bed and he stated that his foot was hurting, but I could tell that it was about much more than just his foot, because he was completely grief stricken. However, I got some oils and told him he was in good hands, because taking pain away is what I do for a living. I applied the oils, started massaging his foot, and he stopped crying almost immediately. I asked him if he had a bad dream and he said 'no,' so I obliged his wishes not to press further as he got quiet. A few seconds later, he said, "My feet and legs use to hurt at my old house. Where my bio mom lives." So I asked him to tell me more and he just said, "I don't know why. Probably when I got hit by that car, because my legs got hurt." I told him, "That makes sense. But I think your foot just needed a little bit of love tonight, what do you think?" He smiled sweetly and nodded his head in agreement. After about five minutes, I gave his feet a stretch and worked on his toes and lower legs and asked him if he was hurting anymore, he smiled and said they didn't, so I hugged him, whispered a quick prayer over him, and had him go back to bed.

It's times like these I am honored to not just be a mother, but one who specializes in mothering hurting children. I believe I was made for this! My grown up heart can't fathom the pain his little heart feels, being treated so poorly, and then being taken away from everything he has ever known. Yes, it was for his safety, but he doesn't yet realize any of that. All he knows is his heart aches! It aches for safety, aches because of the confusion, and aches ultimately for 'home!' It's unfortunate that the place he longs so much for doesn't even exist, though. That place is nothing but a distant memory; one where the gaps and darkness have been replaced with visions of grandeur and imaginary happenings that make home seem like the only place he will find peace and happiness. And I can't blame him, either. Who wants to swallow the bitter pill of reality when it hurts that much?! It's such a shame, and he didn't deserve any of it, none of them did. I am so grateful that God put him and his sister's here with us, though. Three more children was not at all what we had in mind, but it has been so much more wonderful than I ever imagined it could be. I mean a total miracle! But that's a whole other story for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment